According to the WMU Ministries webpage, we are to
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19 NIV).
As followers of Christ, we are all called to go and make disciples.
To help you move forward in your missional calling, WMU offers a variety of ways to get involved in hands-on missions. http://www.wmu.com/?q=simple-page/ministries
At Lee’s Chapel, we want to be the Hands and Feet of Jesus where opportunities present themselves in our local community as well as in the world. We meet the first Saturday of each month (October – May) for a time of fellowship and devotion while discussing ways we can carry out Christ’s commission.
Missional activities supported by our congregation under the direction of our local WMU include:
• Christmas Project providing the opportunity to impact children through the local elementary school,
• Lottie Moon Christmas Offering supporting international missionaries,
• Annual Paper Products Roundup for the Baptist Children’s Home,
• Annie Armstrong Easter Offering supporting missionaries in the United States and Canada,
• Pure Water, Pure Love Project which has a three-fold mission: to supply missionaries with water filters, to provide the people they serve with wells that offer clean water and to supply missions teams with water filters for use on short-term missions trips.
Throughout the world, people are at constant risk of contracting a disease or parasites from their water. Many are forced to carry heavy jugs of water for miles just to be sure their families have clean, healthy water. For others, the prospect of clean water is simply non-existent.
With the help of hundreds of churches, PWPL provides thousands of water filters to missionary families and helps fund clean water projects.
• Other opportunities as they present themselves.
All ladies in the church are invited and encouraged to be a part of Lee’s Chapel WMU .